To get things started for the team, here are a few tips for a successful season:
• Complete your WA Youth Soccer Background Check - MANDATORY!
All adults involved with coaching or as team managers or team treasurers are required to complete and pass a national background check prior to their service with Spokane Sounders. Follow this link to complete your check: rma.volunteer.washingtonyouthsoccer.org.
• Club Email Account: You will be assigned a Club email address. Please set this up as soon as you receive notice from the Registrar. This email address is to be used for club/team information only.
• Distribute the Team Contact Sheet: Once all players are registered with Spokane Sounders, you will want to put together a team contact sheet. Ask your team parents to proof it for changes/additions. Forward a final draft to all players, parents, and coach. Please keep the Team Contact Sheet current throughout the year.
• Certified Birth Certificate/Passport copies: Forward any copies to the Club Administrator. These are NOT to be included in the Team Book.
• Medical Release Forms: Gather these from each player (new and returning). Store in your Team Book. Forms may be found on the website.
• Organize Player Cards: Ask any players new to Spokane Sounders to obtain their current US Youth Soccer member passes from their former team managers. US Youth Soccer passes expire on August 31.
• Take Photos: Get a photo (head shot) of each of the players for player cards. Coach photos may be found on the Shadow website. Get a team photo of all players and coach, in uniform, for the Spokane Sounders website.
• Team Travel Coordinator: It is helpful to have a parent volunteer handle all hotel arrangement for tournaments and league games.
• First Aid Kit: Re-stock your team’s first aid kit and put it in your coach’s bag. It's okay to ask the team to help re-stock the first-aid kit.
• Club Policies: Familiarize yourself with Spokane Sounders policies regarding playing time, player injuries, lightning safety, No Pay/No Play, refunds, tournaments, guest players, player sponsorships, fundraising, website privacy and security, logo use, etc.